Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Good One...

I haven't posted anything new or even looked at this blog for a few weeks. Things build up, and I'm not able to get to hating things as often. After some review, I am a real downer. I think I have a real problem trying to find the good things in life. Maybe its because this blog has made me lose focus on the actual programming and hone in on the advertising. I am like a baker who is allergic to flour. So I decided to try to something I like in advertising, but only once a week, because this will be my greatest endeavor yet. Without much adieu:

You don't fold your arms when you pitch, Wilson.


ESPN hits a home run with these home-made commercials. They really run the bases when they get a well known sports gentleman, like the scary meth-using fellow, to interact with their "anchors." I sure do feel a wild pitch crawl up my spine when I see what time it is in Bristol, Connecticut (although this may be Los Angeles because Jay Harris is on the western version of SC). I sure do hope I don't strike out with all of these goofy baseball terms that I don't understand... JK.

Baseball ranks amongst the few things I watch live these days, everything else is banished to the DVR until I call upon it like a concubine in my palace. The others being football and SNL.

Brian Wilson, as many of you know, was the closing pitcher for the World Champions San Francisco Giants, and he was a damn good one to boot. He first gained attention during the playoffs when dedicated SF fans would strap on fake, oil-black, itchy beards during home games and went into a frenzy when that barrel chested reliever marched onto the field. Last year, they beat the Philadelphia Phillie's in the pennant race, a team lead by Roy Halladay, the snazzy Jazz singer from the 1920's. Not really, but he did throw a perfect game during the season (rarer than a funny moment with Jimmy Fallon) and a no-hitter in the opening wild-card game (not as rare, so let's just say a funny moment with Horatio Sanz).

The best part about the Giants winning: the Texas Rangers losing. I get the fact that SF had not won the championship since they had moved to the city by the Bay, but the Rangers had never, never, never, ever been to the World Series, so they had so much more stake in it. Texans would go, "First time, and we already won? Damn, I'm glad to be a Texan!" And we would NEVER HEAR THE END OF IT! Never, never, never, ever, never. Plus, the Rangers had Josh Hamilton, the comeback story that Jesus wants to fuck, so that would have been another folk-tale Christians could bring up when trying to convert you. I get it: "Oh, its really sweet that they all used ginger-ale instead of champagne when they beat the Yankees." Frankly, I wanted to vomit. YOU JUST BEAT THE FRAKING YANKEES, ITS TIME TO GET BLASTED! You have just done a favor for the entire American league by taking those pin stripped bastards down a peg, so drucking frink up! Way to be a party pooper, Hamilton!

Anyways, Brian Wilson, yes. Let's face it: ballplayers aren't all too bright. Its not a downfall though, they'll make more money than any of us playing a game they love for their lives. THEY GET TO RETIRE A 40. Do you know any other position that allows you the financial freedom to retire at forty? Other than being dead at forty? However, a select handful of players have a sharp sense of humor, and one of them is Brian Wilson. After their victory in 2010, Brian Wilson said in an interview that he was going to go "Rage," but it was in this tone almost meant to freak the shit out of the four foot, female reporter, and thusly Middle America. Fucking AWESOME. I'm just so glad that he got the recognition from ESPN that he desrves, because he actually has a personality.

Thank You for Reading. Please tell your friends.
Michael Kaye

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to rip me a new one!